28 July 2009

Do I look Spanish?

I'm still in Montreal. This week is our last full week here! Craziness! It went by so fast. Tonight, we went out to celebrate Caitlin's birthday. We had dinner, which was alright. I mean, it was just a sandwich place. I was rather disappointed with my order because (1) they left out the chicken which I ordered, (2) there were sweet onions in it, (3) when I asked for the chicken, it turned out to just be chicken salad that had celery in it, and (4) I had to pick out the onions in the celery because I still don't like their textures. On a brighter note, the desserts were delicious, probably should have just ordered that to start. I also had fun with the girls at my table - Amiliah, Tiger, and Megan. They're super awesome! :)

Then we went to a bar, the same one with the free popcorn. Started out alright, sharing a pitcher with a couple girls. Somehow I ended up alone at the table, watching all the bags. Because of my solitude, some guy thinks he can start talking to me. First he claimed that I looked like his friend who's Spanish. Ummm...right. I guess I do kinda look Spanish because the Spaniards conquered the Philippines in like 1521. Then he asked me if I'm from Eastern Europe. I don't know about that one. I don't think I look like I'm from there. He would never have guessed so I just told him. But really it was the most awkward conversation. I'm glad my friends got me out of it. Maybe they didn't even realize they did, but they did. I also found out that Simon is willing to get us out of any awkward situations. Thank goodness! :)

Other than that awkward moment, good times with the group. We'll definitely have to party it up after exams, but for now, it's time to get the study cap on and focus!