I went for a run this morning. Need to start out a little slower and have an even pace. It doesn't really help when I'm running with Kyle though because he starts out too fast. I also shouldn't use my iPod while running because my ears were aching afterward or maybe I just have the wrong headphones. I'll work on that.
Anyway, Kyle and I ran to the middle school and decided to do a 400 m. He ran it in 1:30. Not too shabby, but I thought he'd go a little faster since he was telling me about running his first lap in 1:20. Then it was my turn. I thought I wouldn't even break 2 minutes because I haven't ran in a while. Lo and behold, I get 1:32.
I know I can do this and get back into the shape I was in during high school as a cross country runner. It's going to take a lot of work and all, but I know I can do it. Slow and steady, but sometimes I keep expecting instant results. If only it worked that way.
Well, I need to get up early because I'll be running again. Hopefully I'll run a little further. I hope Savannah will run with me when she comes home. We can just run nice and slow. Sometimes I think I should just go by myself. We'll see.
P.S. I got a job today. I'll be doing basic secretary type things for a family friend. :)
CURRENTLY WATCHING: "Heroes"