26 June 2009

Eternal BAD Hair Days...


See my picture?! That's how my hair looked in January. I wanted to get a similar haircut today, but with a little trim in the bangs. BUT NO! What the freakin' heck?! The lady butchered my bangs, so that they are super SHORT. She layered my hair so that it's oh-so-thinned out! Do you know how much I HATE having thin hair?! I LOVE my thick hair, which is why I try to avoid OVERLAYERING. I hate running my fingers through my hair now b/c it's like a dead wasteland of nothingness. There's no fullness. It's limp and UGLY. It took me 6 months to grow it out a bit and have the thickness back. BUT now it's back to where I started - STUPID and UGLY.

Now you might be saying why didn't I say anything when she was cutting my hair. WELL, there wasn't much I could do when she already chopped off my bangs. I was like, "It shouldn't be too bad b/c it'll grow out and I can just hide the mishap with a headband." But then she continued to DRY cut my hair, shredding off my thick brown locks. I thought the long layers were going to be like the ones that I already had, but no, they're STUPID long layers that punky rockstars have. I can't chop it off to even out on the shortest layer b/c it's just that - SHORT. I wanted to grow my hair out for graduation and now it's going to take longer than I hoped.

Maybe I just shouldn't cut my hair for a year. I'll just learn how to cut my own bangs b/c who wants to pay money for that. PLUS, none of the places I go to know how to cut my bangs like I want it to be, which is where it forms a triangle on the top of your head.

So I leave for Canada on Sunday for my study abroad trip. I'm not looking forward to my hideous pictures with this dumb haircut. I need to figure out a way to make it look good. I probably need to bring my curler and straightener to fix this mess. Next time I get a haircut, it'll be in December or January when I come home for winter break; hopefully that'll give it enough time to grow out a bit.

P.S. My family is so not supportive on this whole issue. They keep saying, "Why didn't you complain?" Uh...because I didn't know how bad it was until after I got out of the chair and ran my fingers through and notice how much was actually gone.