06 April 2009

Downtown.

Hazel and I ventured to downtown Portland today after getting some Baskin Robbins ice cream with Colin and Sam. I had some Pralines 'n' Cream because I'm still giving up chocolate for Lent. It's been really hard, and I haven't exactly been doing a great job at it (making exceptions for being in New York and my birthday).

We stopped by Saturday Market, so that I could get my henna tattoo that I wasn't able to get at Pilotpalooza. I have a nice flower design on my left forearm. All the paste is mostly off. There are few specks here and there, but for the most part, it's just the design that's left. It seems really light, but I'm hoping for it to get a little darker. We'll see. All in all, Melanie is an amazing henna tattoo artist! I really hope she comes back to Pilotpalooza next year!

Then we had some Elephant Ears because Hazel never heard of it before, which was the same situation that I had when I first came to Portland. I seriously thought that it was an ELEPHANT'S EAR (which would have been completely crazy if you ask me)! Anyway, they were delicious! Only thing is they are DEEP FRIED (Dang it! Broke another one of my Lent rules).

Walked along the river and took pictures. The cherry blossoms were so pretty! They were definitely of the MULAN variety. ;)

We ventured over to Powell's the CITY OF BOOKS. OMG...it's only my favorite book store ever because they have so many things to look at and everything. They also have some amazing Japanese stationery, which I wish I could buy but I'm always have a hard time figuring out which one I want to get. ANYWAY, Hazel and I just explored every room, so that she could say that she's been to every section. It was pretty fun. While we were there, I received a text from one o f the members of Sleepwalk, A Robot. It was pretty crazy because this wasn't the first time. When I went to NACA West, Dan Torres kept texting me; everyone in our delegation kept making fun of me because of it. We all thought it was pretty funny. SO YEAH...I LOVE POWELLS! :)

We were both getting a little hungry so we went to this little noodle place next to Powells. The plates were so small and everyting, but they were so appetizing. Oh man...it was so good!

It was already 8 something when we were there, and mass starts at 9. With only a half hour to rush back to school, we hit the road, looking for the next bus/MAX train to UP. At first we ended up on the side of the MAX that was going in the wrong direction, but luckily the other train was just on the other side of Pioneer Square. We waited for a while, but the train finally came. The trip was fine back to Interstate, but that's where the real problem started.

The next bus wasn't going to come for another 38 minutes. Another girl was waiting at the bus stop with us and informed us of this. We all decided just to walk back to campus. It was such a long walk but we made it back to campus at around 10 pm, meaning we totally missed mass. I was really disappointed, especially after finding out that people I wanted to introduce to Hazel were there!

After walking all the way back to Mehling, Sam and Colin wanted to meet up with us, especially sicne they were done with mass. It was good to see them, and they were able to say farewell to Hazel.

I really enjoyed having Hazel here with me over the weekend, and all my friends were really enjoyed meeting her and having a chance to spend time with her. It's so awesome to see my two worlds be combined happily. :)

CURRENTLY LISTENING TO: "True Love's Kiss" sang by Amy Adams